AFRICAN SAFARI BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Booking Forms: To
confirm your booking, please complete and sign both the Reservations
Booking Form and the Liability Release and Assumption
of Risk Agreement and return them to us with
your deposit. Both forms must be completed. A third form, the Travel
Insurance Acceptance form
must also be completed, signed and returned to us at the time of
your final payment.
Our forms may be filled in by typing
your information in directly. Alternatively, you may
print the forms and complete them by hand. If you need help, go to
Forms of Payment: Payments
may be made by personal, business or certified check, or by credit
Eyes on Africa accepts American Express,
MasterCard and Visa. To
charge any portion of your trip fare, please
complete the Credit
Card Charge Authorization form and return it to
us via fax or mail.
Booking Terms and
Eyes on Africa is a trading name of Eyes on Africa, Ltd.,
a corporation registered
in the state of
Illinois. The following terms as used in these Booking Terms and
Conditions shall be considered synonymous: safari, tour, and trip,
all of which refer to the travel arrangements being booked with
Eyes on Africa. Additionally, the following terms: client, guest,
member, passenger, and traveler all refer to you, as the traveler.
These booking terms and conditions are expressly made part of the following
forms (a separate completed and signed copy of each being required for
each traveler to confirm a trip reservation with Eyes on Africa):
Reservations Booking Form
Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement
Travel Insurance Acceptance (required at or before final payment due
1. RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS:Standard policy for the majority of Eyes on Africa’s third party suppliers is that a provisional booking will be held for a period of 21 days only, after which a response is required on whether to confirm or release the space. Payment of a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the safari fare, along with a completed and signed Reservations Booking Form and a completed and signed Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement are required in order to confirm your reservation. Upon receipt of your signed Reservations and Release forms and your deposit, we will, subject to availability, reserve your place on your selected safari. The balance of the safari price is due not later than 8 weeks prior to departure. The signed and completed Travel Insurance Acceptance form is also due at this time. Upon receipt of your full payment, the signed Reservations and Release forms, signed by each guest, plus the completed and signed Travel Insurance Acceptance form, we will send vouchers, safari information, clothing lists, etc. All prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and must be paid in U.S. dollars.
2. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: Cancellations are only effective
upon Eyes on Africa's receipt of written notification, signed by the
client. If cancellation is made prior to 8 weeks before departure, your
30% deposit is forfeited. If your cancellation is made after the due
date for full payment of your trip fare, additional charges will be levied.
The scale of charges, expressed as a percentage of the trip price, is
More than 8 weeks notice ~ Deposit
Less than 8 weeks notice ~ 80%;
Less than 6 weeks notice ~ 100%.
Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave it
prior to its completion, no tour fare refund will be made. Some air fare
may be non refundable. There will be no refunds from Eyes on Africa for
any unused portions of the tour. The above policy applies to all travel
arrangements made via Eyes on Africa.
3. INSURANCE: It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility
lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive
travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, as well as any dependants
and traveling companions for the duration of their tour to Africa. This
insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to,
the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari,
emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses,
damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Eyes on Africa
will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered
by the guest, or guest's dependants or traveling companions, with regards
to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities. Guests
will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency
services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable
to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance
A Travel Insurance
Acceptance form must be completed and returned to
Eyes on Africa as a condition of travel.
4. MEDICAL INFORMATION / LIABILITY
RELEASE: Participation on a safari or tour to Southern Africa requires that
you be in generally
All guests must understand that while a high level of fitness is not
required, a measure of physical activity is involved in all African safaris
and tours. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and/or
related dietary restrictions make them known to us well before departure.
Anti-malaria precautions should be taken, and these are the sole responsibility
of the client. Any required inoculations must be recorded by the client’s
health practitioner on a valid vaccination certificate which the client
must carry in his/her possession throughout the tour. Eyes on Africa
will not assume responsibility for the accuracy of any medical information.
You should consult your doctor or pharmacist for up to date requirements
and personal recommendations.
By forwarding the tour deposit, the signed Reservations Booking Form
and the signed Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement, the
guest certifies that he/she does not knowingly have any physical or other
conditions of disability that would create a risk for him/her or other
tour participants. A Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement
must be signed by each tour participant prior to commencement of a tour.
Participation by any tour participant will be declined in the absence
of the signed Liability Release Form, with no tour fee refund.
5. CURRENCY FLUCTUATION: In order to keep our tour rates as low as possible,
we do not build into the price an allowance to cover possible increases
from currency fluctuations. Therefore, as currencies do fluctuate constantly
around the world, it may be necessary for us to raise the tour cost,
at any time before final payment, if there are exceptional cost increases
beyond our control. An increase in the tour price shall not be sufficient
grounds for any refund of fees already paid for the tour.
6. GOVERNMENT TAXES: Any increase in government taxes affecting costs included in the tour price will be passed through and paid for by the traveler. Any increase in the tour price due to a government tax rate hike shall not be sufficient grounds for any refund of fees already paid for the tour.
7. AIRFARES & DELAYS: Airfares are subject to change without notice prior to ticketing. Note that intra-Africa airfares, whether included in your total trip cost or quoted to you separately, may become due and payable in full to Eyes on Africa at any time after your initial deposit in order for us to secure ticketing for these flights as required by the airline or tour operator. Eyes on Africa are not responsible for any airline schedule or airfare changes, cancellations, overbooking or damage or loss of baggage and property to the extent that such items are beyond its control. Any and all claims for any loss or injury suffered on any airline must be made directly with the airline involved and not Eyes on Africa. Air schedule changes may necessitate additional nights being added to your tour. Provided these schedule changes are beyond the control of Eyes on Africa, any resulting additional costs must be borne by the guest. Eyes on Africa cannot be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines not running to schedule.
8. TOUR CANCELLATION: Eyes On Africa shall not be held responsible for occurrences that are beyond its control, such as strikes, wars, acts of God, acts of government or any other cause whatsoever, beyond its control, that may make operation of the tour impossible, illegal or inadvisable. All tour payments received will be promptly refunded, and this refund will be the limit of Eyes on Africa's liability. Eyes on Africa is not responsible for any expenses incurred by tour members in preparing for the tour, including non refundable or penalty-carrying airline tickets, special clothing, visa or passport fees, or other tour-related expenses.
9. GUIDE REPLACEMENT: If a private guide is unable to lead a pre-scheduled
safari due to illness, etc., Eyes on Africa and its operators in Africa
reserve the right to substitute with another guide.
10. ITINERARY CHANGES: Although every effort is made to adhere to schedules, it should be noted that the tour operators in Africa may be obliged to occasionally change routes and camps on safaris as dictated by changing conditions. Seasonal rainfall, bush fires or other natural occurrences may bring about such conditions. Airlines, aircraft specific flights and other transfers may also need to be changed for various reasons. Eyes on Africa shall not be held responsible for such itinerary changes as discussed above and shall not be held liable for any refund, provided such changes are beyond the control of Eyes on Africa.
11. SPECIFIC ACCOMMODATION: While our operators use their best endeavors to ensure that all reserved accommodation is available as planned, Eyes on Africa shall not be held responsible for a refund either in the whole or part, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable and a reasonable alternative, acceptable to the guest, is found. If the guest is unable to use any service provided in the itinerary, then there are no refunds due.
12. LUGGAGE: For safety and because space is restricted, baggage in the charter aircrafts commonly used to transport guests to and from safari camps is restricted to a maximum of 20 kg per person in a soft bag (12 kg within Zambia and on certain scheduled safaris). This includes camera equipment and carry-on baggage. Should guests arrive with excess baggage without prior warning, their baggage could be delayed, as our operators in Africa may then have to fly the baggage into camps at a later stage at considerable extra cost to the guest. However, should the guests know in advance that their baggage will exceed the limit, we can usually make arrangements to book an extra seat for the bags on the aircraft, at an additional cost.
13. WILD ANIMALS: Please
be aware that our safaris may take you into close contact with wild
animals. Attacks by wild animals are rare, but
no safari into the African wilderness can guarantee that this will not
occur. Eyes on Africa cannot be held responsible for any injury or incident
on the safari. Please note that the majority of the safari camps are
not fenced and that wildlife do move freely in and around the camps.
Always follow the safety instructions from the camp's staff with regards
to moving to and from your tent and while on game activities throughout
14. GAME VIEWING: No guarantees are given for sightings of specific species of wildlife or for what may be considered "good or poor game viewing", as the animals inhabiting the areas you will visit are wild and therefore behave as such. Eyes on Africa cannot be held responsible in any way for the presence or lack thereof of wildlife numbers, nor for the quality of game viewing on your safari.
15. PASSPORTS & VISAS: The onus is upon the guest to ensure that passports and visas are valid for the countries they plan to visit. Eyes on Africa cannot be held liable for any visas and/or passports, which are invalid or not held by the guests, nor for the cost of any passports or visas. Please check with us for up-to-date passport requirements for the countries you are visiting.
16. NOT INCLUDED: (varies by itinerary): Insurance to cover for cancellation
and curtailment, medical, baggage, money, and emergency evacuation; beverages
in certain areas; personal laundry at certain camps; gratuities to guides,
paddlers and to camp staff; any excursion not related to the safari;
optional meals in Victoria Falls and the bigger towns and cities.
17. GUEST REPRESENTATION AND
CONSENT: The person making any booking
with Eyes On Africa, warrants that he or she has authority to enter into
a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking
and in the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so
included to make payment, the person making the booking shall by his/her
signature thereof assume personal liability for the total price of all
bookings made by him/her.
The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation
on a tour constitutes consent by all guests covered by that payment to
all provisions of the Terms and Conditions contained herein whether the
guest has signed the booking form or not. The terms, under which you
agree to take these tours, cannot be changed or amended except in writing
signed by an authorized representative of Eyes on Africa.
18. AGE LIMITS: Please consult with us for the specific age policies
at the camps on your itinerary. If anyone misrepresents their age, our
operators reserve the right to terminate the tour without refund. Eyes
on Africa cannot be held responsible for any refund in this situation.
19. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: This section
defines Eyes on Africa’s
responsibility with respect to all of our safaris and tours booked for
our guests, including extensions and independent arrangements. Please
read it carefully.
Eyes On Africa, its owners, and employees
give notice that they act only as the agent for the owners, contractors,
and suppliers providing means of transportation and/or all other related
travel services and that they assume no responsibility, howsoever caused,
excepting its own negligence or willful misconduct, for injury, death,
loss, or damage to person or property, delay or change in air or other
services, howsoever caused, irregularity, inconvenience or additional
expenses in connection with any service resulting directly or indirectly
from: defect of any vehicle, act of God, act of war, insurrection,
revolt, terrorism, government restrictions and regulations, or other
civil uprisings or disturbances, military action, quarantines, strikes,
weather, sickness, wars, detention, annoyance, delays, thefts, pilferage,
force majeure, wild animals, failure of any means of conveyance to
arrive or depart as scheduled, travel advisories, discrepancies or
changes in transit, hotel and other services over which it has no control,
occurring in either the country of origin, destination or through passage,
or through the acts or default of any third party company or persons
engaged in conveying the passengers or in carrying out the arrangements
of the tour, except for such losses caused by the negligence or willful
misconduct of Eyes on Africa. Eyes on Africa may not be held responsible
for any loss or damage to luggage, before, during, or after the tour
Upon advancement of deposit to Eyes On
Africa, the depositor acknowledges that he/she has read and understands
the above recited terms and conditions, and agrees to be bound by them.
On advancement of tour deposit to Eyes on Africa, the depositor therefore
agrees to be bound by the above recited terms and conditions. Eyes on
Africa reserves the right to accept or decline any individual from participating
on any of our tour programs for any reason. Eyes on Africa will not discriminate
against any individual because of race, religion, sex, sexual preference