Interactive Map of Central Kenya
You are here: Kenya >> Central Kenya
Kenya is one of Africa's most developed safari destinations. Here are some reasons to consider going on a safari to Kenya:
• Kenya immortalized the safari with legendary personalities such as Ernest Hemmingway. Karen Blixen and Beryl Markham.
• Kenya's Masai Mara Game Reserve is renowned for the annual Great Migration of millions of zebras and wildebeests.
• Maasai and Samburu peoples live and their livestock alongside the resident wildlife.
• The country abounds in diverse landscapes, including the spectacular Great Rift Valley.
• Kenya is one of the best countries in Africa for seeing large concentrations of animals throughout the year.
• Kenya is a birdwatcher's paradise, with more than 1,000 species recorded.
• Lake Nakuru is a breeding ground for flamingos which congregate there in numbers up to 2 million birds. Flamingos also migrate along the lakes of Magadi, Elementeita, Bogoria and Turkana.
• Mount Kenya is the second highest mountain in Africa and features a number of permanent glaciers. The best view of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania is from Kenya's Amboseli National Park.
• Kenya's coastline is beautiful, particularly the Lamu Archipelago, which features the islands of Lamu, Manda and Pate. Old Lamu Town is a World Heritage Site.
• The country is renowned for its warm, friendly and hospitable citizens.
& Zebra Migration Routing & Schedule for Kenya / Tanzania: Great
For History & General information about Kenya, click More
For information about the Kenya's National Parks & Reserves, click Kenya
a map of Safari Camps in the Masai Mara Game Reserve, click Masai
a map of Safari Camps in the Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro
Conservation Area, click Serengeti
Return to Map
of Southern Africa