Knysna Hollow Country Estate
Knysna, Garden Route, Western Cape, South Africa
to Map of Knysna / Plettenberg Bay © Knysna
View images of Knysna Hollow Country Estate: Knysna
KNYSNA HOLLOW COUNTRY ESTATE RATES: Knysna Hollow Rates
COUNTRY ESTATE -
KNYSNA, THE GARDEN ROUTE
Knysna Hollow is beautifully set
on a secluded old country estate on the
outskirts of town, close to Knysna's famous lagoon. Set
amongst timeless oaks and pecan
trees, the gracious old manor house forms the focal point of the
lodge. Built in a bygone era, it is finished with pressed ceilings,
yellowwood floors and indigenous furniture.
Spacious garden cottages,
each with a lounge and fireplace are all individually
decorated and have television. Hearty English breakfasts and romantic
dinners are served in the dining room situated in the Manor House with
its many fine antiques, yellowwood floors and pressed ceilings. Lunches
are served in the pub or on the deck. Knysna Hollow is ideally located
to explore Knysna and the Garden Route.
images of Knysna Hollow Country Estate, click Knysna
Accommodation on the Estate consists of 15 Garden Chalets and 64 Garden Rooms. All rooms and chalets have been tastefully decorated with a Knysna forest feel and amenities in all chalets and rooms include television, tea and coffee making facilities, ceiling fans and private patios. Garden chalets include telephones and ten units also boast wood-burning fireplaces, perfect for those romantic winter evenings.
• 64 units - all twin-bed rooms
• All units have ceiling fans, tea and coffee facilities, television, hairdryers, covered patio
• 10 units have single walk-in showers
• 54 units have double walk-in showers
• 6 units are inter-leading to make 3 family rooms
• 18 units can accommodate 1 extra bed for a child sharing or 3rd adult
• 15 units (7 are doubles and 8 are twins)
• All are have an open-plan living area and bedroom area with private patios
• 10 units have wood burning fireplaces
• 10 units have separate bath and shower
• 5 units have double walk-in showers
• All units have ceiling fans, bar fridges, tea and coffee facilities, television, telephone, hairdryers, covered patio
• 3 units have fold-out sleeper couches and these units can accommodate an extra bed as well
• All other units can accommodate one extra bed for a child sharing or 3rd adult
Additional amenities available at Knysna
Free Airport Shuttle
Knysna Hollow Restaurant
The Knysna Hollow Restaurant is situated in the Manor House and serves fine food in relaxed and warm surroundings. The scintillating, yet refined menu reflects flavours and influences from around the globe, with a selection of dishes sure to stimulate the senses. Choose between ocean-fresh seafood such as Tiger Prawns and Linefish, to South African specialities such as Karoo Lamb and venison dishes or decadent dessert.
Fresh ingredients, rich flavour and genuine hospitality make for an unforgettable dining experience in a relaxed and unpretentious atmosphere. They offer an extensive wine list that features some excellent Cape wines as well as a broad selection of after dinner drinks including ports, liqueurs and brandies.
The Pecan Tree Grill Room
With contemporary design and the use of natural materials, Knysna Hollow’s brand new dining venue, The Pecan Tree Grill Room is perfectly suited to serve contemporary Cape cuisine, as an alternate venue to our a la carte restaurant. The Pecan Tree Grill Room’s menu includes both classic Malay-inspired dishes such as spicy Malay lamb curry as well as local specialities like fresh Knysna Oysters.
The Rutland Arms Pub
Enjoy pre-dinner drinks next to a roaring fire in wintertime, or in the yellow wood-panelled pub, “The Rutland Arms”. The pub is a convivial place for enjoying a laid-back beverage and socializing with friends and family. Sport on satellite televisions, ice-cold local Mitchell's draught and warm, friendly service make this a special gathering place.
Service is warm and friendly and the hand-picked wine list is sure to contain the perfect Cape wine to complement your meal.
Knysna Hollow is the perfect base from which to explore Knysna,
the Garden Route and the surrounding forests and beaches. Knysna
is well known for its rich green forests and endless lakes.
Knysna is home to a myriad of fauna and flora, the elusive loerie
and the fabled Knysna Elephants. Visit the nearby picturesque historical
town, with it's antique shops, African and local arts and crafts
and coffee shops.
Featherbed Nature Reserve is only a short ferry
trip across the lagoon, and a walking trail through the reserve
is a must.
Ride on the famous steam
train along the coast through breathtaking scenery.
Enjoy a game of golf at one of the many picturesque
Experience the shopping, eating, lagoonside lifestyle
of the Knysna Waterfront.
• Smooth Sailing – Take a sunset cruise on the Knysna Lagoon aboard a luxury yacht and sip cocktails as you sail through the Heads.
• Township Tours – Experience the heart of the local community on full or half day excursions.
• Get Wet – Kite surfing, kayaking, surfing, water skiing... whether in the ocean or in the lagoon, all can be aranged.
• Captain your own boat – Rent a houseboat for the day and cruise the lagoon under your own steam.
• Get on your Bike – With a huge array of awesome forest trail rides in the immediate area, Knysna is THE place to mountain bike.
• Brewery Tours – Knysna is home to the local brew, Mitchell's Draught... take the tour and try a beer or two!
• Hike till you drop – With distances to suit hikers from all 'walks of life', there is a stunning trail for everyone.
• Beach Bum – Hit the beach at your choice of a number of pristine coastal spots.
• Market Madness – From the 'Wild Oats' organic market in Sedgefield to the 'Friday Supper Market' in Knysna and a host of others in between, there is something for all.
• Shop – The Knysna Waterfront, Knysna Mall, Main Street and more offer a wide range of shops and interesting boutiques for you to spend, spend and spend!
• Featherbed Nature Reserve – A must for all visitors to Knysna... a lagoon cruise on a ferry to a nature trail on the Reserve, followed by lunch under the Millkwood trees.
• Adrenaline Junkies – Tree-top canopy tours in indigenous forests, the world's highest bungee jump at Bloukrans (216 metres!), quad-biking, and shark-cage diving.
• Animal Interactions – A choice of two amazing elephant parks, Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary, Eagle Encounters, Wolf Sanctuary, Butterfly World and Birds of Eden.
• Go to the Karoo – Just over an hour away, visit the Cango Caves, Oudtshoorn's Ostriches and the famous wineries of Calitzdorp.
Knysna plays host to a number of festivals throughout the yearr, the most famous being the Pick n' Pay Knysna Oyster Festival, which sees over 60,000 people flock to Knysna in early July to take part in numerous sporting and leisure activities and, of course, to enjoy the fresh Lagoon oysters.
Top Return to Map of Knysna / Plettenberg Bay Return
of Garden Route
the Cape: Cape Town Tours Weather: Cape
tourist information and activities in the
Garden Route, click More
tourist information and activities in the Western Cape, click More
further information about South Africa, click More