Okavango Delta, Botswana
Return to Map of Okavango
of Camp Okuti: Okuti Images
CAMP OKUTI RATES: Okuti
- OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANA
This delightful camp lies alongside the Maunachira River, which flows through the Xakanaxa Lagoon within the world renowned Moremi Game Reserve. Offering a welcome touch of comfort, Okuti has recently been rebuilt amidst the wilderness of one of Botswana's prime game viewing regions.
• Okuti offers one of the best value safari experiences in the Moremi/Okavango region of Botswana with excellent year round game viewing as Moremi Game Reserve has widely varied habitats supporting a huge variety of wildlife and is a protected area.
• Okuti is ideal for families and has two family units available. Okuti accepts children from the age of 7 years and up all year round (in low season you can apply for younger children to be accepted) as the nature of the activities are safe for children (game drives and boating).
• Okuti can accommodate clients wishing to self drive (in 4WD) into Moremi Game Reserve, offering an adventure and an alternative to flying.
• Okuti offers seasonal boat excursions to Gadikwe Heronry.
images of Camp Okuti, click Camp Okuti Images
Okuti caters for a maximum of 18 guests, accommodation units each available with ensuite bathroom, hot and cold running water and flush toilets. Five units are twin share and two are family units consisting of two rooms sharing a bathroom, ideal for families as Okuti is a child friendly lodge.
• 5 x twin bedded rooms with ensuite bathrooms and inside & outside showers.
• 2 x family rooms, sleeping 4 guests in 2 bedrooms, with shared ensuite bathroom.
Open boma for evenings around the campfire.
Okuti accepts children from the age of 7 years and over (can apply for younger children to be accepted in low season).
Experience game drives in the Moremi Game Reserve in specially designed safari vehicles, allowing unhindered views for game viewing and photography. Moremi is a park rich in wildlife and game viewing is consistent year round so it is ideal for the first time visitor to Botswana. In addition to game drives you can explore the delta waterways by motorboat - from open lagoons to winding channels it is a birder's paradise, especially for herons and storks in the breeding season.
• Power boat & mokoro trips
• Game drives in comfortable, specially designed vehicles together with personal guide
• Guided walks
• Fly or spin fishing for tilapia or tiger fish
• Plunge pool
Wildlife and the Area
Okuti offers one of the best value safari experiences in the Moremi/Okavango region of Botswana with excellent year round game viewing as Moremi Game Reserve has widely varied habitats supporting a huge variety of wildlife and is a protected area. It's a birder's paradise, especially for herons and storks in the breeding season. Okuti offers seasonal boat excursions to Gadikwe Heronry.
2009: Open 01 Mar – 10 Feb (following year);
2010 and after: Open 15 Mar for entire year.
Return to Map of Okavango
/ Land Activity Table for Botswana camps: Water/Land
Times between Botswana camps: Fly
For further information about the Okavango Delta, click More
For further information about Botswana, click More