Western Kalahari, Botswana
Return to Map of Central Kalahari
of Edo's Camp: Edo's Camp Images
EDO'S CAMP RATES: Edo's Camp
- WESTERN KALAHARI, BOTSWANA
Edo's Camp is located in a 120,000 hectare game conservancy, in the western Kalahari Desert. This private sanctuary is home to seven of Botswana's endangered white rhino population, as well as numerous species of plants, birds and mammals, many unique to the region. Also resident are the true indigenous people of Southern Africa, the San Bushmen, who provide a fascinating cultural perspective of traditional life.
• Edo's Camp offers a rich cultural experience where you can meet two diverse lifestyles of the people in the area, firstly the San Bushmen that reside in a small community within the grounds of the conservancy and the optional activity of witnessing a traditional bushman dance. It is also possible for those staying several days to visit the nearby San museum at D'Kar.
• A special part of being at Edo's is that a percentage of the nightly rate is donated to a local children's day care centre established by the owner's of Edo's.
• As Edo's Camp hosts maximum of 8 guests in 4 twin tents, you are guaranteed personal service and a truly memorable experience in the Kalahari.
• In the Kalahari area you will experience a different variety of wildlife than in the delta, those that have adapted to the harsher environment of the Kalahari Desert – providing an interesting contrast to the other Ker & Downey properties.
• You are offered the unique experience of tracking rhino on foot. The white rhino in this area were introduced and have successfully integrated into the habitat, producing 4 healthy calves.
• Edo's Camp is the base of our Young Explorer's Kalahari packages, which is a family safari led by a specialist guide that tailors the safari to suit children. (Younger children considered on request).
images of Edo's Camp, click Edo's Camp Images
This remote camp overlooks an active waterhole and accommodates guests in four twin bedded luxury tents set on decks and under thatch, which provide welcome protection from the desert sun, each tent is en-suite with shower, flush toilet and bath for additional comfort.
• Open dining area overlooking a floodlit waterhole
• Four luxury twin share tents under thatch
• Heated swimming pool
• Access by road or air affording flexibility in the itinerary
Edo's Camp is the base of Ker & Downey's Young Explorer's Kalahari packages, which is a family safari led by a specialist guide that tailors the safari to suit children. The minimum age is 7 years unless booked as a Young Explorers family safari when younger children will be considered.
Daily game drives, together with a personal guide in specially designed vehicles, provide guests the chance of viewing many species of mammal only found in this desert environment. Other activities include walks with San Bushman trackers tracking white rhino on foot as well as joining the women and children of the village in gathering edible roots and plants, a fascinating insight into their traditional life. It is also possible just to relax in front of the waterhole as a steady parade of antelope quench their thirst, the best way to enjoy sundowners in the Kalahari.
• Game drives in specially designed vehicles
• Powerboat (water levels permitted) & mokoro trips
• Guided walks
• Private access to one of the largest heronry's in the Delta by motorboat
• Spin fishing (best months Sep – Apr)
Open 01 Mar – 30 Nov.
Top Return to Map
of Central Kalahari
/ Land Activity Table for Botswana camps: Water/Land
Times between Botswana camps: Fly
For further information about the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, click More
For further information about Botswana, click More