Makgadikgadi National Park, Botswana
to Map of
View images of Camp Kalahari: Camp Kalahari
Camp Kalahari Rates: Camp Kalahari
- MAKGADIKGADI PANS, BOTSWANA
Camp Kalahari is nestled amongst the acacias and Mokolwane palms of Brown Hyaena Island, on the edge of the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, adjacent to the Makgadikgadi-Nxai Pans National Park, Botswana. Camp Kalahari is the best way to experience the Kalahari and Makgadikgadi in a fresh and affordable way. It is the ideal camp for those who want fun and adventure, without sacrificing comfort and style.
The style of the camp is refreshingly simple, cosy, comfortable and traditional. Guests can relax in a traditionally built thatch library, living and dining area. There is also a pool with thatched deck.
For images of Camp Kalahari click Camp Kalahari
• 10 spacious Meru tents.
• 6 Twin tents
• 3 Double tents
• 1 Family tent: 2 adjacent tents, accommodating 2 Guests
in each with an inter-leading bathroom.
• The camp takes a maximum of 22 Guests.
All tents have en-suite outdoor bathrooms, flush loos, hot and cold running water, along with comfy beds, crunchy cotton sheets, stripy African blankets and hot water bottles in winter.
• We welcome all ages!
• Although there is no electricity in the camp, there are camera charging facilities available.
• Water is a scarce resource in Botswana, so please try to conserve it where possible.
• Stay hydrated, the water in Botswana is
safe to drink.
• There is malaria in Botswana and we recommend precautions be taken. Please consult your doctor.
• Be aware that some medications can cause reactions to the sun.
• The desert can get extremely hot in October.
• Get unbelievably up close and personal with a gang of incredibly friendly habituated meerkats.
• Walk with Zu/'hoasi Bushmen Trackers for a glimpse into their ancient culture.
• Game drives to experience unique desert wildlife.
• A visit to Chapman's Baobab, campsite of Livingstone & Selous: one of the three largest and oldest trees in Africa.
Dry Season Only
• Quad biking across the lunar expanse of the pans.
• Lie out on the pans as the sun sets, and watch the planetarium show unfold with horizon-to-horizon stars.
Wet Season Only
• Experience the spectacular migration of zebra and wildebeest – the second biggest in Africa, and the last remaining in Southern Africa..
to Map of
/ Land Activity Table for Botswana camps: Water/Land
Times between Botswana camps: Fly
further information about the Makgadikgadi Pans, click More
further information about Botswana, click More